Wiring problems sparked a fire that damaged some apartments early Wednesday morning on Nancy Hanks Road, Lexington fire officials said.
Firefighters were sent to 1322 Nancy Hanks Road just after 6 a.m., Battalion Chief Joe Best said.
The blaze damaged at least two apartments, both of which will need repairs before occupants can return, Best said in a news release.
An investigation later determined that the fire started in the electrical wiring, the department said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.