At least one person was displaced after a chimney fire at an apartment complex on Beaumont Center Lane Thursday night.
No injuries were reported. The Lexington fire department was called to the Beaumont Farms apartments at 7:38 p.m., Battalion Chief Harold Hoskins said.
When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke and flames coming from a chimney on the roof. The chimney was actually a metal stovepipe surrounded by a wooden façade that had caught fire, Hoskins said.
The fire extended into an attic space above the top-floor apartment. The fire was quickly extinguished, and none of the apartments was badly damaged.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader