A man was shocked Tuesday morning when a pole from a tent he was disassembling fell against a 7,200-volt power line, Jessamine County Fire Chief Mike Rupard said.
The man's name and condition were not immediately available, but Rupard said he was conscious when responders arrived. He was taken to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital.
The accident happened before 9 a.m. Tuesday at 100 Cherrywood Drive, near the entrance to Champion Trace Golf Club in northern Jessamine County.
Rupard said the man was taking down a tent that had been used in a wedding reception. When the tent shifted, the pole went against the power line. Another worker was burned trying to pull the first man off the pole, Rupard said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
This was the second such accident in eight days in Jessamine County, Rupard said. On Aug. 2, a man working on a barn on Taylor Made Farm east of Nicholasville was shocked when a ladder fell into some high-voltage lines.
The man in that accident, Jesus Perez, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at UK Hospital, a spokeswoman said.