Crime

Lexington woman, smoking while on oxygen, dies in fire at house

A 60-year-old Lexington woman died Sunday night after her house on Shelby Avenue caught fire when she smoked while taking oxygen, the Fayette County coroner's office said.

The office said Marcia Rodriguez was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m. at University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center.

The coroner's office said the cause of death was pending, but the fire was a contributing factor to her death.

It said she did not suffer any burn injuries.

  Comments