The woman who was burned in a natural gas fire on the grounds of Eastern State Hospital on Thursday afternoon was treated for burns to her face and hands and has been released from the hospital, administrator Kellie Wallace said.
The woman, who was not identified, is a maintenance worker at the state mental hospital who apparently struck a gas line with a lawn mower. That apparently sparked the fire that ignited a nearby outbuilding.
Wallace said the woman was treated and released Thursday at the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital. The woman "seems to be doing well," Wallace said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader