A Lexington family was displaced after a chimney fire damaged their home early Friday morning.
Firefighters were called to 2417 Doubletree Court about 2:56 a.m., Battalion Chief Randy Gilliam said. When they arrived, one of the homeowners was trying to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, he said.
Firefighters took over and quickly put the fire out. Damage was confined to the chimney and a portion of the attic. No one was hurt.
But firefighters had to turn off power to the home until they could determine whether the attic fire damaged any wiring. Family members said they would stay with a neighbor in the meantime, Gilliam said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader