Booneville man died of smoke inhalation in 'unusual circumstances'

James W. Bennett, 58, of Booneville, died of smoke inhalation in a fire Friday at his residence, according to autopsy results released Saturday.

"It was pretty unusual circumstances," said Owlsey County Coroner Eddie Isaacs. "The house was not burned, just the body."

While the death seemed accidental, it could be homicide, he said. The Kentucky State Police continue to investigate.

Searcy & Strong Funeral Home in Booneville is in charge of funeral arrangements, which were incomplete Saturday afternoon.