Crime

Chimney fire damages Lexington's Park Hill Apartments

A chimney fire caused relatively light damage at a Lexington apartment complex Saturday night, officials said.

Fire units were dispatched to the Park Hill Apartments, 2500 Alumni Drive, about 8:30 p.m.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, but not before the fire damaged the chimney. Crews also had to cut through the ceiling of one apartment.

Fire officials said the occupant of that apartment would have to spend the night elsewhere because of the damage.

The cause of the fire was unclear, although fire officials said a dirty flue might have been a contributing factor.

  Comments