Crime

Fire damages room in Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center at UK

Lexington's fire department responded to a fire inside a research building on the University of Kentucky's campus Tuesday night.

The fire started inside a glassware dryer on the second floor of the Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center, Major Chuck Bonta said.

Bonta said the fire was caused by materials placed inside the dryer.

The building's sprinkler system contained the fire as firefighters removed the wall around the dryer, Bonta said. No one was inside the building at the time of the fire.

  Comments