Crime

Coroner: Man's death in Lexington apparently caused by carbon monoxide

Photo by Getty Images/ThinkStockphoto
Photo by Getty Images/ThinkStockphoto

A man found dead in Lexington over the weekend apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the Fayette County Coroner's office said Tuesday.

Koji Sato, 42, was found dead Saturday in his apartment on Clearwater Way, the coroner's office said in a news release.

"The preliminary investigation suggests that Sato died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, but the final determination ... won't be made until toxicology results have been received from the laboratory," the coroner's office said.

Sato was from Japan, according to the coroner. Funeral arrangements are pending.

  Comments