Unattended candles caused a fire Wednesday morning in the 400 block of McConnells Trace, fire battalion chief Joe Best said.
The fire was limited to the living room of a house, Lexington fire Maj. Jason Wells said.
Firefighters were sent to the 400 block of McConnells Trace at 10:05 a.m. Wednesday for a house fire.
An Anderson Communities property manager stopped by to check on the rental house and saw smoke coming out of broken windows, Wells said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
There did not appear to be much external damage.
The tenants were not home at the time of the fire.