The man and the myth
Tim Tebow has been part of two national championship teams at Florida.
As a sophomore, he won the Heisman Trophy. During the same 2007 season, he became the first player in the history of college football to account for at least 20 touchdowns rushing (23) and 20 passing (32) in the same year.
Last season, the legend only grew.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The post-game "you will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play" speech Tebow made after Florida was upset at home by Mississippi is now the most famous college football pep talk since Knute Rockne implored Notre Dame to win one for the Gipper.
Yet as large as Tebow — who will play in Lexington for the final time Saturday — looms in football lore, he is an even greater presence in the culture of the Internet.
In cyberspace, you might say Tim Tebow is the one man alive who could kick Chuck Norris' butt — and make him like it.
Just in case you've wondered, we're going to let you know what it's like to try to tackle Tim Tebow.
Ever wonder what it is like to play against — and try to tackle — Tim Tebow in all his 6-foot-3, 240-pound glory?
I asked some Kentucky Wildcats who know:
1. Linebacker Micah Johnson: "It's like trying to tackle a moving refrigerator. That boy is a load."
2. Safety Calvin Harrison: "It's like tackling a brick wall. He's just so big and strong."
3. Defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin: "It's crazy. He's bigger than most running backs in our league. He's like a fullback who can throw the ball.
"He doesn't talk trash at all. If anything, he might tell you good hit, or slap you on the helmet and say 'good play.' He doesn't say anything degrading at all."
4. Defensive tackle Corey Peters: "I've never heard him say much of anything. It's kind of hard to believe the way he's portrayed in the media, this perfect guy. You expect a little trash talk.
"But it all seems to be true as far as what I see on the field. Guys like him are actually a little more irritating than the trash talkers. It gets under your skin. You can't really be mean to a guy who is killing you with kindness."Seven classic Tebow-isms
1. When Batman gets in trouble, he turns on the Tim Tebow signal.
2. When the bogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Tim Tebow.
3. It takes Tim Tebow 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.
4. When Google can't find an answer, it asks Tim Tebow.
5. Cars look both ways in case Tim Tebow is crossing the street.
6. You can lead a horse to water — Tim Tebow can make it drink.
7. When Tim Tebow does a pushup, he doesn't lift himself up — he pushes the Earth down.'Kentucky edition' of Tebow-isms
1. If Tim Tebow rode a Derby horse, "the greatest two minutes in sports" would only take a minute.
2. Every one of Colonel Sanders' 11 secret herbs and spices is known to Tim Tebow.
3. When Tim Tebow sings "Weep No More My Lady," even babies stop crying.
4. The Florida Gators will stay in a team hotel in Lexington; Tim Tebow will assume his rightful place in the Versailles Road castle.
5. Financing? Tim Tebow doesn't need no stinkin' financing — he will build CentrePointe with his bare hands all by himself this weekend.
6. In 100 match races, Rachel Alexandra would lose to Tim Tebow 100 times.
7. If Tim Tebow played basketball, Ashley Judd would be a Florida fan.