Recapping Kentucky's 63-51 victory over Texas in Rupp Arena on Friday night:
Willie Cauley-Stein was the difference-maker forKentucky. If you liked defense this was the place to be. It wasrugged and ugly most of the way with little offensive flow. The sizeof Texas gave UK fits in the first half. The Longhorns led 20-14 --UK's largest deficit of the season -- and it was tied 26-26 at the half.The Cats opened the second half looking like a different team with animpressive 18-2 run. Kansas punched back, but UK's first three-pointer,by Andrew Harrison with 2:45 left, helped seal the win and give UK athree-pointer in 908 consecutive games.
* Willie Cauley-Stein (21 points, 12 rebounds) looks like Spiderman covering ground all over the floor. There was not muchplatooning for Willie -- he played 33 minutes.
* The second unit opened the second half with a 10-0 Kentucky run.Ball movement improved and Rupp started rocking.
* It is hard to overstate how good Kentucky's defense is.
* Size is a big factor in rebounding, as well as "wanting" it. Texaswanted it more than Kentucky in the first half.
* The Cats have a long way to go on offense. Then again, itis early December.