* Rupp Arena became electric when UK started the second half with a 10-0 run, led by the second platoon. The run eventually became 18-2.
* Willie Cauley-Stein has had a great week.
* Strange sight: The UK players were playing offensively as if they were looking for the shot to be blocked.
* One question about this UK team has been if the lack of a true wing player (think Darius Miller and James Young) could be a problem. Itremains a question worth asking.
* Can any team match up with UK's size and interior game? Texas made its point from the outset, grabbing 13 of the first 15 rebounds in thegame.
NUMBERS DON'T LIE
* 2:45. Time when left in the game when Andrew Harrison made UK's first-three pointer. It kept UK's streak alive at 908 games.
* UK guards made four of 27 shots from the field.
* It took Texas almost six minutes to score a point in the second half.
* Following a hard foul called flagrant against Texas which raised the Rupp Arena crowd noise, UK turned a 20-14 deficit into a tie in 21 seconds.
* UK turned it over only eight times, to 22 for Texas.
*First half: The teams combined to make 15 shots (out of 50), commit 25 fouls and 19 turnovers.
* Texas had 13 offensive rebounds in the first half; UK had two.
* In the first half, the Harrison twins made one shot in nine attempts.
* Texas turned it over 13 times in the first half.
* No UK player had more than two field goals in the first half.
* UK's biggest lead in the first half was two points.
The Eastern Kentucky Colonels visit Rupp Arena on Sunday. The Colonels are 4-2 and have scored 115 points twice this season.