* Rupp Arena became electric when UK started the second half with a 10-0 run, led by the second platoon. The run eventually became 18-2.
* Willie Cauley-Stein has had a great week.
* Strange sight: The UK players were playing offensively as if they were looking for the shot to be blocked.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
* One question about this UK team has been if the lack of a true wing player (think Darius Miller and James Young) could be a problem. Itremains a question worth asking.
* Can any team match up with UK's size and interior game? Texas made its point from the outset, grabbing 13 of the first 15 rebounds in thegame.
NUMBERS DON'T LIE
* 2:45. Time when left in the game when Andrew Harrison made UK's first-three pointer. It kept UK's streak alive at 908 games.
* UK guards made four of 27 shots from the field.
* It took Texas almost six minutes to score a point in the second half.
* Following a hard foul called flagrant against Texas which raised the Rupp Arena crowd noise, UK turned a 20-14 deficit into a tie in 21 seconds.
* UK turned it over only eight times, to 22 for Texas.
*First half: The teams combined to make 15 shots (out of 50), commit 25 fouls and 19 turnovers.
* Texas had 13 offensive rebounds in the first half; UK had two.
* In the first half, the Harrison twins made one shot in nine attempts.
* Texas turned it over 13 times in the first half.
* No UK player had more than two field goals in the first half.
* UK's biggest lead in the first half was two points.
The Eastern Kentucky Colonels visit Rupp Arena on Sunday. The Colonels are 4-2 and have scored 115 points twice this season.