Talking points, numbers from Kentucky's 84-70 win over North Carolina in Rupp Arena on Saturday:
* North Carolina outrebounded UK, hit six of its 13 three-pointers and was beat convincingly.
* It was great to see a Rupp Arena game with teams running up and down the floor.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Remember when North Carolina passed UK with the most wins in the 1990s? UK is now 31 up on the Tar Heels.
* John Calipari talked recently about how good his team would be if it started making outside shots. North Carolina got a taste of that.
* With top prospects rarely staying around for three years, it's fun to watch a player progress as much as Willie Cauley-Stein has.
NUMBERS DON'T LIE
* Prior to this game North Carolina opponents had made 14 of their last 86 three-pointers.
* Karl-Anthony Towns did not take a shot from the field.
* Coming into the game, Kentucky had made six of its last 42 three-pointers.
* Devin Booker had eight points in the first eight minutes. He had scored only nine in his previous three games.
* No opponent had shot over 40 percent against either team. Both were well over 50 percent in the first half
* Marcus Paige -- North Carolina's best player and scorer -- had one basket and two points in the first half.
* North Carolina grabbed nine of the first 12 rebounds.
* UK led by 15 at the half, but both teams had 15 field goals. UK had 10 more made free throws and five more made three-pointers.
* Kentucky did not block a shot in the first half.
Kentucky and UCLA play Saturday in Chicago. The programs have a total of 19 NCAA titles. By the way, North Carolina beat UCLA 78-56 on Nov. 27. UK leads the series 6-4. The teams have not played since the 2006-07 season.