* Providence had a solid game plan against UK - penetrate and make the Cats play defense with patient offense, mix up its defense and keep UKoff the boards. For much of the game, they succeeded in making it ugly.
* Tyler Ulis continues to impress. He is a nuisance on defense and smart with the ball.
* Willie Cauley-Stein was as impactful on both ends of the court as he has ever been.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Providence slowed Kentucky down, yet the Cats won by 20.
* When the offense is not sharp, Kentucky can still win easily with its defense.
* After starting the game making seven of its first 10 shots, Providence made one of its next 16.* Devin Booker hit UK's first three-pointer with 8:38 left in the game. That makes 907 games in which UK has made a three-point shot.* LaDontae Henton of Providence entered the game averaging 24 points. He made one of eight shots and scored three points.* Providence did not make a field goal in the final 7:41 of the first half.* UK had only two blocks in the first half. One was by Ulis.* Kentucky won the battle in the paint 38-12.* Providence had no points off the fast break.* No UK player took 10 shots.* Kentucky turned it over only seven times.