Recapping Kentucky's 58-38 win over Providence
Game Summary: Providence was patient offensively and slowed down the Kentucky offense by mixing up defenses. In the end, the Friars did not have enough offensive punch, making four of their final 29 shots. Providence led much of the first half but Tyler Ulis sparked UK to a 26-22 halftime lead with his pesky defense. UK's defense, led by Willie Cauley-Stein, eventually allowed UK to pull away midway into the second half.
* Kentucky's defense continues to be outstanding.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
* Willie Cauley-Stein has added some polish to his offensive. Asusual, his defense was spectacular.
* Tyler Ulis turned this one around with his defense.
* UK continues to play unselfishly.
* From an energy level, UK looked like it had a little turkey hangover early.
* UK spent most of the game out of offensive rhythm.times.