- Willie Cauley-Stein's dunk! WOW!
- Karl-Anthony Towns was the difference in this one.
- UK coach John Calipari seemed bothered earlier this week at the suggestion that UK's offense was not-so-impressive. It's offense in the half court was not-so-impressive in the first half.
- UK's defense is still good but it is not as smothering as it was earlier in the year.
- Without Alex Poythress and Trey Lyles, is Kentucky considerably deeper than other teams?
Numbers don't lie
- Only four Wildcats scored in the first 39 minutes of the game.
- UK did not miss a foul shot until there were :42 seconds left. The Cats hit 21 of 22.
- Dakari Johnson did not score and had two rebounds in nine minutes.
- Kentucky had six turnovers in the first eight minutes.
- Kentucky blocked only two shots.
- With 23 consecutive victories to begin the season, UK ties it second-best start since the 1965-66 team did the same. That team had no starter taller than 6-foot-5. This UK team has only one starter under 6-foot-6 and at times have had none. The Cats are three wins away from tying the best start in school history.
- Florida had beaten UK three straight times. The Gators had won eight of the last 10 games in Gainesville.
- Florida hit 54 percent in the second half.
- Both teams were in the bonus less than 12 minutes into the game.
- Kentucky led for 17 seconds in the first half.
- Kentucky turned it over 10 times in the first half.
- Towns and Devin Booker had 19 of UK's 28 points in the first half.
- Both teams were 11-for-25 from the field in the first half.
Kentucky goes to LSU Tuesday night. Many have felt all year that LSU matches up better inside with UK than any other conference team.