Traditional Bank Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic: T’laya Lyvers made the go-ahead shot with 2:44 to go and Henry Clay held on to defeat Green County 51-48. Lyvers finished with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Mya Schrembs had 23 points, three assists and three steals for the Dragons.
▪ Led by by Juliette Smith’s 17 points and four assists, Scott County (7-1) rolled to a 77-47 victory against Danville.
▪ Jay Ballard scored a team-high 11 points, including three three-pointers, in host Lexington Catholic’s 53-30 victory against Belfry. Caroline Osbourn and Ashley Frebis added 10 points apiece for the Lady Knights.
▪ Lincoln County overcame 29 points by Allyson Niece in a 75-69 win against Simon Kenton. Cristin Hall led the Lady Patriots with 15 points and Cami Holton had 12.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
▪ Bailey Cummins scored 23 points, and Madison Kalb had 18 points and 14 rebounds in Bracken County’s 68-54 win over Fairdale. Jaida Wiggins led the Lady Bulldogs with 20 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
▪ Madi Woods hit three of five three-point attempts, scoring 19 points to go with four assists in Mercy’s 65-35 win against Warren Central.
Highlights elsewhere: Kiara Pankins scored 23 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and had four steals and two blocks in Lafayette’s 74-57 victory against Menifee County in the Berea Holiday Classic. Shelbi Watson was 8-for-9 from the field and added 18 points for the Lady Generals while Ashton Woodard had 22 points, 10 reboundsa nd five assists for the Lady Cats.