Lafayette last team standing: The Generals held Dixie Heights to just 36.4 percent shooting en route to winning the tournament 59-47. Kiara Pankins poured in 29 points to go with eight rebounds and two blocks for the winners. The Generals took the lead near the end of the first quarter and never relinquished it.
Kylie Brock was a perfect 3-for-3 from beyond the arc for Dixie Heights, finishing with 17 points.
Traditional Holiday Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic
Host Lexington Catholic fell 49-28 to East Carter. While the Knights edged East Carter in rebounding (26 to 22), they also turned the ball over 27 times.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Haley Hall scored 14 points for the winners, followed by Kristen Mayo with 12. Caroline Osbourn led LexCath with
Bowling Green edged Eastern 62-59, led by Oneisha Turner’s 23 points and 13 rebounds. The Purples won the battle of the boards 38-24.
- Scott County outrebounded Ryle 54 to 35, winning 74-56. Juliette Smith led the Cardinals with 21 points, while Madison Jones matched that for Ryle.
- Led by 31 points and seven rebounds from Erin Boley, Elizabethtown topped Bracken County 69-43 in the winner’s bracket. Bracken County, led by Bailey Cummins with 16 points, had more than double E-town’s turnovers: 24 and 11, respectively.
- Amaya Lasley led all scorers with 23, but it wasn’t enough to lift South Warren past Butler. The Bearettes dominated the paint to win 62-43. Jaelynn Penn scored 19 for Butler.
- Mercer County racked up 21 assists en route to rolling Paul Dunbar 72-35. Ten of its 11 players got on the scoreboard, led by Faith Lake (12), Seygan Robins (11) and Alie Burke (10). Autum Herriford had 14 points and 7 rebounds for the Bulldogs.
- Ty Mitchell had 22 points and Madison Darnell added 20 more as Russell dominated Belfry 71-35. Maggie Jachimczuk notched a double-double for the Red Devils (16 points, 13 rebounds). Kailee Rash led all Belfry scorers with 11.