Traditional Bank Holiday Classic:Three players reached the 20-point mark to lead the Elizabethtown girls to a 78-52 victory over Scott County, sending the Panthers to the semifinals of the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic at Lexington Catholic. Ms. Basketball candidate Erin Boley had 20 points and five rebounds. Jada Stinson and Talor Thomas shared top-scoring honors for the Panthers with 21 points apiece. Lauren Boehm led Scott County with 13 points and seven rebounds.
- Bowling Green 76, Mercer County 57: Three Purples scored in double figures as Bowling Green advanced to face Elizabethtown at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Keely Morrow and Oneisha Turner each scored 20 points, and Dejia Moore had 16 boards and 12 assists. .
- Mercy 65, East Carter 46: Jessica Laemmie scored 18 points to lead Mercy to a semifinal matchup with Butler at 8 p.m. Tuesday. Kristen Mayo scored 19 points for East Carter.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
- Butler 57, Mason County 48: Janna Lewis had 16 points and a game-high eight rebounds to lead Butler. Briana McNutt scored 14 points for Mason County.
Dunbar boys fall in King of Bluegrass: Senior guard Gabriel Schmitt scored 22 points to lead Trinty over Dunbar 81-70 in the quarterfinals of the King of the Bluegrass tournament at Fairdale. The Bulldogs led 15-13 after the first quarter, but couldn’t stop Trinity’s offense in the second quarter. The Shamrocks exploded for 32 points to take a 45-27 halftime lead. Senior guard Darius Williams did his best to bring Dunbar back, leading all scorers with 26 points. Taveion Hollingsworth added 17 points in the loss.
- Lexington Christian 71, Scott 36: Tre King was perfect for LCA, hitting all seven of his field goals and all five free throws for 19 points in the Woodford County Invitational. Kyle Rode missed just one of his nine field-goal attempts and finished with 18 points and seven rebounds.
- Henry Clay 66, Holy Spirit (Ga.) 43: Seniors Isaiah Tisdale and Walt Finch scored 11 points each to help the Blue Devils seal a win in the Berea Invitational. Leander Ridgeway added nine points for Henry Clay.