A field of 12 was drawn Saturday for this week's 66th annual Little Brown Jug harness race for 3-year-old pacers at Delaware, Ohio.
The 12 horses in Thursday's event will be divided into two $84,288 eliminations, with the first four finishers advancing to the $252,864 finals. If a race-off is necessary, the three-horse event would go for $105,360.
The field is the smallest since 1980.
Big Bad John was named the 8-5 morning-line favorite in the first elimination.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Roll With Joe, winner of the $1 million Meadowlands Pace, is the 2-1 choice in the second elimination.
Little Brown Jug
Thursday at Delaware, Ohio
Horses listed by in post-position order with driver and morning-line odds:
$84,288 First Elimination
1. Something For Doc (Tim Tetrick) 10-1
2. Big Bad John (David Miller) 8-5
3. Powerful Mist (John Campbell) 7-2
4. Foreclosure N (Tim Tetrick) 8-1
5. Custard The Dragon (Montrell Teague) 5-1
6. High Noon (Mark MacDonald) 15-1
$84,288 Second Elimination
1. Rollwithitharry (Brett Miller) 8-1
2. Hugadragon (Yannick Gingras) 10-1
3. Wink N Atcha (Yannick Gingras) 6-1
4. Betterthancheddar (George Brennan) 3-1
5. Roll With Joe (Ron Pierce) 2-1
6. Up The Credit (Jody Jamieson) 4-1