▪ Kelly Stackenwalt has returned to her hometown of Harrodsburg after a three-year mission to an Indian reservation in the Western United States and has begun publishing Southern Faith magazine. Kelly works with her husband, Steve Stackenwalt, who is Southern Faith’s design editor.
The magazine, which features encouraging stories of the Christian faith, is a reader-funded, quarterly publication. To purchase a copy or a yearly subscription or for more information, go to Southernfaith.com.
▪ Captain D’s, a fast-casual seafood restaurant, has opened its newest franchised location in Mount Sterling, the brand’s 23rd location in the state. Five more locations are slated to open over the next several years in Georgetown, Shelbyville, Shepherdsville, Owensboro and Danville. The Mount Sterling Captain D’s, at 488 Indian Mound Road, is owned by sisters Jarka Wells and Simona Benes, with Wells’ son, Shawn Drake, managing the day-to-day operations. Wells and Benes have been part of the Captain D’s family for more than four decades, thanks to their parents, Jerry and Elfrieda Benes, who took over ownership of two Captain D’s in Richmond and Winchester. The new location is 2,800 square feet, with a drive-thru, and showcases the brand’s beach design. For information about franchise opportunities, go to Captaindsfranchising.com or call 800-550-4877.
▪ Midway University’s Athletics Department has launched a redesigned website. The site added several new features, including a “recent recruits” banner, which shows the last five recruits to sign a letter of intent and links to an archive that shows all past recruits, allowing fans to get to know future Eagles before they arrive on campus.
“We not only needed to redesign the site for functionality, but also to better reflect our brand and athletics program,” said Ellen Gregory, vice president, marketing and communications. “The previous website was designed when we were still Midway College. Although we did a quick update of the graphics when we changed to a university, we felt like we needed a fresh start, since we transitioned to a full co-educational institution in fall 2016.”
To view the new website, go to Midway.edu.
▪ TrinSoft has launched a new website, featuring a comprehensive resource library designed to assist Microsoft Dynamics clients, as well as those who are new to Dynamics. Visitors can benefit from improved usability, a more responsive design for easier mobile viewing, and online content that is easier to navigate and consume. To view the new site, go to Trinsoft.com.
▪ VillageMD, a national primary care provider, has partnered with Primary Care Medical Center, an independent physician group, to form VillageMD-Kentucky. This new organization will provide services to its provider partners across Kentucky to help improve clinical outcomes, enhance patient and physician satisfaction, and lower the total cost of care.
VillageMD-Kentucky marks the company’s expansion into the Southeast. VillageMD has grown throughout the Midwest and Northeast to become one of the largest primary care physician networks in the United States.
Established in 1994, Primary Care Medical Center is a physician practice based in Murray that serves communities in Southwestern Kentucky and Northwestern Tennessee.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo