You’ll be looking live at Rupp Arena on Tuesday night when Brent Musburger will be giving his broadcasting farewell for ESPN by working the Kentucky-Georgia game at 9 p.m. on the World Wide Leader.
The 77-year-old Musburger is leaving ESPN for a Las Vegas startup venture, he told Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch. “As you know, I love the games, the action, the people, the fans, but it seems like the right time to do this,” Musburger said.
Musburger will be the host for at two-hour show on Thursday through Monday for something called the Vegas Stats and Information Network.
Meanwhile, Georgia presented Brent with a going away gift on Tuesday.
Here is Brent at Kentucky’s shootaround at the Joe Craft Center on Tuesday.
I’m not saying Brent has been around a long time, but . . .
And then there was his days with former Kentucky first lady Phyllis George:
Here is the list of college basketball games on television Tuesday:
Tuesday, Jan. 31
▪ 7:00 - Mississippi State at Ole Miss (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - Iowa at Rutgers (Big 10)
▪ 7:00 - Maryland at Ohio State (ESPN)
▪ 7:00 - Pittsburgh at North Carolina (ESPN2)
▪ 7:00 - Wake Forest at Boston College (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - George Washington at Rhode Island (CBS Sports)
▪ 7:00 - Creighton at Butler (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 8:00 - Temple at Tulane (ESPN News)
▪ 9:00 - Tennessee at Auburn (SEC)
▪ 9:00 - Georgia at Kentucky (ESPN)
▪ 9:00 - Vanderbilt at Texas A&M (ESPNU)
▪ 9:00 - Wisconsin at Illinois (Big 10)
▪ 9:00 - West Virginia at Iowa State (ESPN2)
▪ 9:00 - Dayton at Fordham (CBS Sports)
▪ 9:00 - Georgetown at DePaul (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 11:00 - Wyoming at San Diego State (CBS Sports)
GEORGIA AT KENTUCKY
When: Tuesday, 9 p.m.
Where: Rupp Arena in Lexington
TV: ESPN with Brent Musburger, Jay Bilas and Kaylee Hartung
Radio: UK Network with Tom Leach and Mike Pratt