Independence Day is upon us, and there are celebrations planned across the Bluegrass. To help you plan, here's a look at what's coming up.
▪ Lexington Fourth of July Festivities. July 4. Downtown Lexington. Events include the Bluegrass 10,000 at 7:25 a.m. Street festival 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Parade 2 p.m. on Main St., from Midland Ave. to Mill St. Fireworks at 10 p.m., launched from the top of the Lexington Financial Center at 250 W. Main St. Lexingtonky.gov.
▪ An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July. 2-4 p.m. July 4. Liberty Hall Historic Site, 202 Wilkinson St., Frankfort. Watermelon, lemonade, historical lawn games, patriotic scavenger hunts, live music. Free admission. Libertyhall.org.
▪ Berea Parks and Recreation Fourth of July Spectacular. July 4 in Berea. Berea City Park festivities start at 6 p.m., including live music, face painting, a climbing wall, food vendors, and children's activities. Fireworks begin at 10 p.m. Sand sculptor Damon Farmer will work on a special piece for the event. Visitberea.com. Facebook.com/bereaparksrecreatiion.
▪ Georgetown July 4 Celebration. July 4. Parade at 11 a.m. on Main St. Fireworks at dusk at Brooking Park. Food vendors will be at the park. Music for the fireworks will be broadcast on 93.3-FM. Scott-county.kiwanisone.org.
▪ Wilmore's Festival of the Fourth. July 4. Parade at 10 a.m. starting on College St. Festival immediately following the parade at Wilmore Camground, featuring food, baking contests, crafts and patirotic music. Wilmore.org.
▪ Woodford County Fourth of July Celebration. July 4. Downtown events include parade at 11 a.m. on Main St. from Napa Auto Parts to Morgan St. Events at the County Park at Beasley Dr. include entertainment and music 7-10 p.m. Fireworks start at 10 p.m. Versaillesfourthofjuly.com.
▪ Richmond Fourth of July Celebration. Gates open at 5 p.m. July 4 at Lake Reba. The date includes live music, food and craft vendors, kayak rentals, and free mini golf. Fireworks are at 10 p.m. Parking is $5. Richmond.ky.us.
If you are having an Independence Day event open to the public that is not listed, and you'd like us to include it, contact Harriett Hendren at email@example.com.