Shop for unique art and gifts at the third annual Bread Box Holiday Market, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Bread Box Studio Artists, 501 West Sixth Street. Admission is free.
Vendors will include: Laurie Appleby-Williams, ceramics; Cycle ReCycle; Cannonball Handmade, leather goods; Earthwise Natural Skincare; Amy Kelly, That Winsome Girl jewelry and hair accessories; David Kenton Kring, mixed media art; Emily Howard, The Diggingest Girl; Melissa Oesch, ReImagined by Luna; Jenni Phillips, original art; Rebel Heart Accessories; Penny Candy Studios; Derrick Riley, dRock Press; and Maria Widmer Totes & Bags.
More shopping news
▪ Lexington business owners Dwayne Anderson, Stuart Hurt and Jeremy Rice will be featured on an episode of HGTV’s House Hunters Tiny House.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
The three men, who own House, a home décor and design business, are known locally for their holiday and weddings arrangements as well as interior design.
The trio were asked by the network to keep details under wrap, but we do know that the episode will air at 10 p.m. Dec. 16 on HGTV.
▪ Kentucky Mudworks, 825 National Avenue, will host a local potters group sale. Hours are 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Artists are: Link Henderson, Amelia Stamps, Melissa Zimmerman, Steve Heartsill, Amanda Bridges, Luke Gnadinger and Leach Combs.
▪ The Art Museum at the University of Kentucky, 405 Rose Street, will host a holiday store sale 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday. Gifts will include art books, cards, games, jewelry, posters, scarves and tees. Call (859) 257-5716 or go to Finearts.uky.edu/art-museum.
▪ Fáilte Irish Import Shop at 113 South Upper Street will celebrate 14 years in business on Saturday, with 14 percent off all day. Customers can enter to win a lady’s or gent’s Mucros Weavers hat. At 6 p.m., the store will host a sip-and-shop with Irish coffees and snacks from Sunrise Bakery. Irish music and dancers will perform next door at McCarthy's from 7 to 9 p.m. Lexirish.com.
▪ Ann Greely Interiors, 497 East Main Street, will host its first-ever pre-Christmas sale. The event, through Dec. 18, will feature 20 percent off everything in the store including antiques, and as much as 75 percent off select items. Anngreelyinteriors.com.
▪ The Market 301 holiday edition is 6 to 10 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Manchester Music Hall, 899 Manchester Street. Local vendors will offer bags, jewelry, Kentucky-themed clothing and accessories, and more.
Admission is free, hosted by Love Lexington. For a complete list of vendors, go to Lovelexingtonblog.com/market301.
▪ The 12 Days of Christmas celebration at the Corman Marketplace is Friday through Dec. 23. There will be door prizes, treats, specials and storewide discounts daily. Go to Cormanmarketplace.com for more information.
▪ The You-neeks Beaded Creations holiday jewelry showcase is 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday at The Shops at Lexington Center, 410 West Vine Street in the Berea Room, on level one next to the food court.
Save 20 percent off the entire collection. Hundreds of pieces include necklaces, bracelets and earrings made with natural stones, glass, vintage brooches and more.
▪ Athens Schools Antiques will host its holiday open house this weekend at Athens Schoolhouse, 6270 Athens Walnut Hill Pike. Vintage trees and ornaments will be on display, and refreshments will be served. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $2. (859) 255-7309. Antiqueskentucky.com.
Harriett Hendren: (859) 231-3175