Nike released its new Kentucky shoes Monday.
The men’s Free Trainer V7 Week Zero shoes feature UK blue-and-white graphics with a checkerboard design at the heel.
The women’s Air Zoom Week Zero shoes include bold blue accents against a crisp white base. They’re $109.99 where Nike shoes are sold, including Ukteamshop.com.
More shopping news
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The Woodland Art Fair is Saturday and Sunday at Woodland Park, 601 East High Street. This free annual event features more than 200 artists, plus food vendors and live music.
Merchandise includes paintings, woodwork, metalwork, ceramics, jewelry and glass. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Lexingtonartleague.org/woodland-art-fair.
▪ Get a free MoonPie at Leather Inc. at Palomar Centre on Monday, the day of the solar eclipse. The store will offer the free treats to every customer. No purchase is necessary.
▪ The summer blowout sale at Omar + Elsie, 114 Old Lafayette Avenue, features 50, 60, and 75 percent off merchandise. You’ll also find $10, $15 and $25 bins. Items include select Tory Burch, Ulla Johnson, Marysia swim, Loeffler Randall, Pedro Garcia, Stuart Weitzman, Sundry, The Odells, Mother Denim, 3x1 denim, and McGuire Denim. New items are added daily.
▪ Fayette Mall is offering a back-to-school Mini Fashionistas Sweepstakes for ages 17 and younger. Submit photos on Instagram or Twitter using #MYBTSSWEEPS for a chance to win one of four $500 shopping sprees and to be featured on Fayette Mall’s website.
Entries will be accepted through Sept. 16. Winners will be notified Sept. 18. For info, go to Shopfayette-mall.com/content/minifashionistasrules.
▪ The Summit at Fritz Farm has announced two more businesses coming to the mixed-used development at Nicholasville Road and Man o’ War Boulevard.
Orangetheory Fitness, which offers cardio and weight training in a one-hour workout, will open in winter 2018 next to CoreLife Eatery. There is currently an Orangetheory Fitness near the McDonald’s on Richmond Road.
Athleta, an apparel company featuring women’s workout wear and yoga clothing, is scheduled to open in October near Whole Foods.
Harriett Hendren: 859-231-3175