The Kentucky Bourbon Affair fantasy camp will return to Louisville June 14-19 and will host Whisky Live, an international celebration of the world’s finest whiskeys, for the first time in the Commonwealth. A limited amount of Golden Tickets are to go on sale soon at Kybourbonaffair.com, with single tickets available afterward. Whisky Live, which offers the chance to sample from hundreds of whiskeys and meet distillers from around the world, will be June 18, at the Louisville Marriott East.
▪ Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, 528 West Main Street in Louisville, is hosting a free Repeal Day Celebration from 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 4 in conjunction with Downtown Louisville First Friday Hop. The first 50 people to arrive in Prohibition Era-style costumes will receive a gift. In addition to complimentary hors d’oeuvres, there will be educational bourbon tastings, bourbon-themed door prizes and a cash bar with specialty Prohibition cocktails.
▪ Lexington Bourbon Society will collect Toys for Tots at a Repeal Day event Dec. 5 at Wine + Market, 486 West Second Street. The event begins at 6 p.m. then moves across the street to Enoteca. Bringing a new, unwrapped children’s toy or books with receipt valued at $20 or a cash donation of $25.
Each eligible gift will earn a spot in the society’s drawing at the end of the evening for prizes including gift certificates from Enoteca, Wine+Market, JDI, BRU Burger, Bourbon ’n’ Toulouse, a Lexington Bourbon Society annual membership, a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year. You don’t have to be present to win. You can also drop off toys at Wine + Market’s holiday open house 5 p.m. Friday.
▪ Joseph-Beth Booksellers, 161 Lexington Green Circle, will host the Sugarplum Breakfast, complete with ballerinas from Kentucky Ballet Theater, 9 a.m. Dec. 5. Tickets are $8.95 for adults and $6.95. Spots are limited. Reservation at 859-273-2911.
They also will have a Hannukah celebration 5:30 p.m. Dec. 12 with stories, crafts and snacks, and Breakfast with Santa in Bronte Bistro at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 12. Children: $8.95 adults: $13.95 Gives Back members: $12.95.
▪ Hanna’s on Lime, 214 South Limestone, will offer the annual pre-Christmas holiday special on Dec. 9. Get turkey and dressing, fresh cranberries, one side and a roll for $8.95. Open Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Parking is available. For delivery, call 859-252-6264.
▪ Lexington cookbook author Barbara Harper Bach will be at the Christmas Open House at Unique Gifts and More, 149 East Main Street, Georgetown from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 5 with her new cookbook, The Sweet Confections Cooking Clinic, Cookies, Candies and Other Fancies for $25. She will have holiday goodies to sample.
▪ Find Kentucky Proud gifts and food at the annual Windy Corner Market Holiday Bazaar, beginning at 11 a.m. Dec. 5. Windy Corner will have hot cider, hot chocolate and samples from The Midway Bakery. Gift selections include books by local authors, hand-painted glassware, equine-themed gift ware, crafts, soaps and more. Windy Corner Market and Restaurant is at 4595 Bryan Station Road. Call 859-294-9338.
▪ Help needy local families and get a peek at Castle Post, 230 Pisgah Pike in Versailles. Tours Dec. 5 to 7 will benefit Lexington’s Salvation Army. Tickets are $25 to $45; go to the Salvation Army’s web site to pick a time. Advance ticket sales are available at Whitaker Bank in Hamburg, Beaumont Centre, and Nicholasville Road or call 859-543-4066. Tickets also are available at King’s Way Assembly of God Church across Versailles Road, where parking is available. Last year’s tours provided food and Christmas gifts for more than 3,000 families.