Looking for a last-minute food gift? Get Lexington Farmers Market tokens, in $1, $5, $10 amounts that you can purchase with debit, credit or cash. If you buy $25 or more, you get your choice of beautiful prints from Cricket Press.
Call Assistant Manager Aliza Sollins at 859-608-2655 to order and arrange pick-up. Sollins said customers have been getting creative – one is giving her husband a year of monthly dates, including a morning at the market and a meal they cook together.
▪ It isn’t too late to order appetizers and entrees for holiday gatherings from Wild Thyme Cooking, 1060 Chinoe Road. Chef Allison Davis can whip up a cream cheese, pesto and sun-dried tomato terrine for pickup as late as 4 p.m Christmas Eve. Call 859-523-2665 to place an order.
▪ Good Foods Co-op, 455 Southland Drive, will have a Christmas Eve buffet from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. featuring glazed ham, Azteca casserole, vegan shepherd’s pie, baked salmon with white wine and lemon sauce, turkey gravy, corn pudding, whipped local sweet potatoes, green beans with pecans and maple vinaigrette, orange scented beets, roast garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and Good Foods kale.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Portofino, 249 East Main Street, will be open for both lunch and dinner on Christmas Eve with the full menu plus specials including a classic holiday cassoulet. In France they celebrate cassoulet as a winter time tradition. The hearty white bean, duckling and pork dish is prepared a little differently by each cook according to their preferences. Portofino chef Jordan Noel will use his house-cured pork belly along with Vito’s locally made sausage. Call 859-253-9300 for reservations.
▪ Rick’s White Light Diner, 114 Bridge Street in Frankfort, will have a Christmas Eve brunch from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., serving eggs Benedict, beignets, Cajun omelettes and hickory nut pie.
▪ Smokin’ Hogg Barbecue, 464 Wilson Avenue, will be closing at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and will be closed Christmas and Jan. 1. Otherwise, the restaurant will be open for regular hours, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with smoked meats and all food prepared on site.
▪ Concert-goers and sports fans can get a taste of Kentucky’s signature beverage at the KFC Yum! Center. Norton Commons and Heaven Hill recently added the Bourbon Social at the Norton Commons Porch. Inside the venue’s main concourse on the Third Street side, the porch will serve signature cocktails and bourbon flights. The Bourbon Social at the Norton Commons Porch will also play host to a monthly master distiller series; co-master distiller Denny Potter of Heaven Hill will be there from 10:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dec. 22.