The Bourbon Classic in Louisville, Feb. 23 to 27, has added several culinary events: From 7 to 10 p.m. Feb. 24, Four Roses is hosting an event at Bluegrass Brewing Co.’s Bourbon Barrel Loft, 300 West Main Street in Louisville. Guests can meet new master distiller Brent Elliot, sample three bourbons and try small plates from five of Louisville’s young and upcoming chefs. Tickets are $50.
From 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Feb. 25, the acclaimed Blackberry Farm will pair with Pappy Van Winkle for an event at the Frazier Museum, 829 West Main Street in Louisville, in its new exhibit, Spirits of the Bluegrass: Prohibition and Kentucky. Guests will meet Preston Van Winkle, co-owner of the Pappy Van Winkle line, taste ultra-rare Pappy Van Winkle 15-year-old bourbon, and enjoy a four-course meal prepared by Blackberry Farm’s corporate chef, Josh Feathers. Tickets are $200. More information is at Bourbonclassic.com. For tickets, order through the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, 502-584-7777 or 1-800-775-7777.
▪ Missy’s Pie Shop, 502 East High Street, has “sweetheart” cookies, 9-inch chocolate chip or sugar cookies with a variety of sweetheart messages, for $4.50. Cookies also are available at all Ramsey’s restaurants. If you want a specific message, call 859-253-0449 at least one day in advance to custom order for $5.50.
▪ Stella’s Kentucky Deli, 143 Jefferson Street, is offering a four-course Valentine’s Day dinner for $35 a person for Feb. 13 and 14. Reservations are recommended. Call 859-255-3354. Entree choices include trout almondine, Kentucky beef tenderloin or truffled mushroom risotto.
▪ On Feb. 13 and 14, Smithtown Seafood, 501 West Sixth Street, will serve a Valentine’s Day plate for two: Two tacos de amore (fried oyster tacos with apple beet slaw on local tortilla with XO sauce); four seafood pot stickers (dumplings filled with ginger and garlic seafood sausage served with plum soy); two chili crab hand rolls (seasoned rice topped with lump crab meat tossed with gochujang, ponzu and cucumber, wrapped in nori cone); and calamari with sweet chili sauce. Call 859-303-4100.
▪ Wallace Station, 3854 Old Frankfort Pike, just outside Midway, has Valentine’s Day specials Saturday and Sunday: Aphrodite salad, with lettuces, pomegranate, avocado, strawberries, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds; Casanova burger, made with local beef topped with a trio of fried oysters, roasted garlic aioli, bacon and pepper jack cheese; and VLT grilled chicken sandwich with mozzarella, sriracha mayo, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Call 859-846-5161.
▪ The Midway Bakery, 510 South Winter Street in Midway, will have heart-shaped cookies, raspberry truffle cupcakes and cheesecake red velvet brownies for Valentine’s Day. Call 859-846-4336.
▪ Le Deauville, 199 North Limestone, will have a Valentine’s Day special three-course meal for $49 a person on Feb. 14. There’s a choice of appetizer, main course and dessert. Reservations are required. Call 859-246-0999.
▪ Capital Cellars, 227 West Broadway in Frankfort, will host Valentine’s bourbon or wine tastings on Feb. 13, with seatings at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. The cost is $45 a couple. The bourbons are Elmer T. Lee, Woodford Reserve Double Oak, and Jim Beam’s Booker’s with a food pairing plate and tasting notes. The wines are Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fusse 2014 Chardonnay, Domaine Chaume-Arnaud 2012 Grenache Blend, Taken Red Blend, and a classic Tawny Port from Whisker’s Blake. Single seatings are available for $22.50. Call 501-352-2600 to buy tickets.
▪ Movie Tavern, 150 Langley Drive in Brannon Crossing in Nicholasville, is celebrating the reopening of the renovated cinema-eatery. The new 53,047-square-foot Movie Tavern has full-service in-theatre dining and bar options for all 13 screens, reclining loungers with call-button service and armrest tables, all-reserved seating, and a casual-dining menu.