St. Patrick’s Day is Thursday and local eateries have tasty offerings available Wednesday, Thursday and into the weekend.
▪ Winchell’s Restaurant, 348 Southland Drive, will have corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie, bangers and mash, fish and chips, soda bread and green draft beer. Open 8 a.m. Thursday to 1 a.m. Friday on St. Patrick’s Day. Call 859-278-9424 for more information.
▪ Alfalfa, 141 East Main Street, will be have corned beef and rarebit for lunch and a lineup of Irish specials including corned beef, Dublin coddle, steak and Guinness pie, McClanahan stew, and portabella mushroom rarebit at dinner from 5:30 until 9 p.m. The meats are from Stone Cross Farm, and the soda bread is baked in house. Call 859-253-0014.
▪ All day “O’Ramsey’s” will have slow cooked corned beef ’n’ cabbage with blarney vegetables; Irish stew and soda bread. Green beer in a take-home mug, drink specials and Bailey’s Irish creme cheesecake. The Irish food will be served at all four locations: 151 West Zandale Drive, 4053 Tates Creek Centre Drive, 3090 Helmsdale Place and 4391 Old Harrodsburg Road.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
▪ Good Foods Co-op, 455 Southland Drive, will have an Irish buffet from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday,St. Patrick’s Day. Enjoy corned beef and cabbage, Irish herb and cheese-crusted cod, boxty, cabbage “steaks” atop white bean ragout (vegan), Irish champ, zucchini and Irish blue cheese, Irish parsnips and carrots (vegan), baked mushrooms (vegan), chocolate stout cake with Irish whiskey ganache, steamed broccoli, Good Foods kale, Irish stout and beef stew and creamy potato leek soup.
▪ Cheapside, 131 Cheapside, is having its annual St. Patrick’s Week Celebration running through Thursday. It’s also the restaurant’s 31st anniversary and it will be serving corned beef and cabbage, hand-cut reubens and roasted lamb stew (spiked with Guinness beer) and beverage specials including Margarita O’Malley, Bloody O Mary, Shamrocker and for the purists. There’s special pricing on Jameson Irish Whiskey.
▪ Lynagh’s Irish Pub, 384 Woodland Avenue, will have St. Patrick’s Day specials Thursday, beginning with Kegs and Eggs at 9 a.m., Irish food all day including house-made corned beef, colcannon, Guinness stew and whole menu of food and drinks. There will be live music from 2 to 7 p.m. Call 859-255-1292 for more information.
▪ Azur, 3070 Lakecrest Circle, will have a three-course Irish feast on Thursday including red cabbage and pecan salad on boxty potato cake, Dublin coddle (roasted pork sausage, bacon, yukon gold potatoes, onion and house-cured country ham), and Guinness cake with Harp Lager buttercream and Jamesons ganache. It’s $30 per person. Call 859-296-1007 for reservations.
▪ Martine’s Pastries, 1039 Industry Road, has several special cakes and cookies for St. Patrick’s Day, including owner Martine Holzman’s signature green pistachio cake with French buttercream icing. Also available is 6-inch decorated cakes (serves 6-8) for $28; 9-inch cakes (serves 14-16) for $48; shamrock sugar cookie, $1.50; shamrock sprinkle cupcake, $2.75 each or $32 a dozen; and spritz cookie with shamrock sprinkles, $1.50 each or a bag for $5. Available in store or by order, call 859-231-9110.
▪ The Midway Bakery, 510 South Winter Street in Midway, will have specials including chocolate stout cupcakes, shamrock iced sugar cookies, Irish soda bread and mint swirl cheesecake brownies. Available in store or by order, 859-846-4336.
▪ Holly Hill Inn, 426 North Winter Street in Midway, is cooking Irish dishes to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, through March 20. The Big Irish Breakfast Brunch is served March 19-20, with a choice locally made bangers (sausages), black pudding, white pudding, smoked salmon, fresh kipper, rashers of Irish bacon, brown bread, scones, and chocolate stout cake or Irish apple cake with custard sauce for dessert. The foods of Ireland will be served during our Around the World in 80 Days dinner series March 17-19. Call 859-846-4732 for reservations.
▪ Woodford Reserve Distillery, 7855 McCracken Pike in Versailles, will have an Irish-inspired buffet, including house-cured Woodford Reserve corned beef; Irish pub salad with Dubliner cheese, pickled beets and hard boiled eggs; organic Irish salmon roasted with lemon and herbs topped with a bourbon honey glaze; colcannon potatoes whipped with bacon and cabbage; grilled cabbage wedges drizzled with garlic and onion butter; corn O’Brien (fresh shucked corn roasted with pimiento peppers and green bell peppers), Irish soda bread and desserts from Midway Bakery including chocolate stout cupcakes, shamrock sugar cookies and mint cream cheese brownies. It’s $60 per person; starts at 6 p.m. on Friday with a tour of the distillery. Call 859-879-1953 or send an email to email@example.com for reservations.