▪ J. Guthrie True has been named by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year in the area of criminal law for the Lexington area. True is a partner with True Guarnieri Ayer in Frankfort where he focuses on criminal law in state and federal courts. True is also a Fellow of both the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Board of Criminal Lawyers. Inclusion in Best Lawyers is based on a peer-review survey of confidential evaluations of fellow attorneys.
▪ Douglas I. Donald of Lexington has achieved the designation of Certified Forensic Accountant by the American Board of Forensic Accounting. A forensic accountant is a professional who performs an orderly analysis, investigation, inquiry, test, inspection or examination in an attempt to form an expert opinion. Almost every scientific and technical field has a forensic application.
▪ Jeffrey C. Todd, a Northwestern Mutual wealth management adviser based in Lexington, has received the company’s Financial Security award based on an outstanding year of helping clients achieve financial security.
▪ Kentucky Medical Association has recognized nine physicians who have completed the KMA Community Connector Leadership Program, which prepares and supports physicians in leadership roles and offers grants to nonprofit organizations. Members of this year’s class are Dr. David Ciochetty, Bowling Green; Dr. Evelyn Jones, Paducah; Dr. Shawn Jones, Paducah; Dr. Michael Kuduk, Winchester; Dr. Mamata Majmundar, Lexington; Dr. Maurice Oakley, Ashland; Dr. John Roberts, Louisville; Dr. Latonia Sweet, Lexington; and Dr. Monalisa Tailor, Louisville.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities has selected Dress for Success Lexington, a local non-profit dedicated to empowering women in the Lexington community, as a grant recipient for Aramark’s third annual Aramark Building Community Day, a global philanthropic and volunteer program started in April of 2008, which focuses on strengthening the critical work of local community centers serving families in need. Aramark Building Community Day is part of the Aramark global volunteer and philanthropic program.
“As a small, relatively new non-profit organization, Dress for Success Lexington relies heavily on volunteers in every aspect of the organization. The opportunity to partner with Aramark means that we’ll not only be able to receive needed donations of both clothing and funding, but that we’ll continue to receive much needed volunteer assistance as well,” said Analisa Wagoner, co-founder and executive director of Dress for Success Lexington.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo