The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Nov. 22 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Using job trends to pave the way to employment. Info: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Workshops and classes
▪ The Inventors Council will hold its Empowered Inventing Series Class “Money and Your Invention, Startup or Business” at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 15 at the BGADD Bldg, 1st floor meeting room, 699 Perimeter Drive. Class cost is $99. To register, go to Moneylex.eventbrite.com. For details and a discount coupon code, go to: Conta.cc/2fSL4os.
The Kentucky Small Business Development Center will offer the following workshops. For more info, or to register, go to Ksbdc.org.
▪ 2016 Lexington Global Entrepreneurship Week (Nov. 14-20) offers the following free events. Register at Gewlex.eventbrite.com. Real Artists Ship; A New Roadmap: UK IP, Technology Commercialization, and Entrepreneurship; Funding Your High-Tech Startup; Understanding Your Business Opportunity; Beer & BMC; Mobile App Marketing and Monetization; Stand Up for Your Start Up
▪ GEW — Getting Your Food Product to Market, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 16 at Commerce Lexington, 330 East Main Street, free.
▪ GEW — Let’s Talk Small Biz - Accounting, 9 to 10:15 a.m. Nov. 18 at Rumi’s Cafe, 125 Codell Drive, free.
▪ How to Maximize TSMSDC MBE Certification to Grow Your Business, 3 to 5 p.m. Dec. 12, at FCPS Warehouse, 1126 Russell Cave Road, free. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ GEW — Let’s Talk Small Biz - Human Resources, 9 to 10:15 a.m. Dec. 16 at Rumi’s Cafe. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ Tech Night (Introduction to Facebook), 7 p.m. Nov. 14.
▪ Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. Nov. 15.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Nov. 17 and Dec. 1.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Nov. 17.
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. Nov. 22.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. Nov. 28.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Dec. 1.
▪ Dr. Fixit & iHelp, 10 a.m. Dec. 3.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo