Workshops and classes
The Kentucky Small Business Development Center will offer the following workshops. For more info or to register, go to Ksbdc.org.
▪ How to Maximize
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Jan 3.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Jan. 5.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Jan. 5.
▪ Dr. Fixit & iHelp, 10 a.m. Jan. 7.
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning Jan. 18. Go to Ed2go.com/bluegrass for course descriptions or call 859-246-6666 for more information.
▪ Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep, $110
▪ Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep, $110
▪ CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep, $110
▪ LPI Linux Essentials Exam Prep, $95
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, a nine-week course, provides families and individuals with practical tools to gain control of their finances and set themselves up for long-term financial success. Lessons include budgeting, relationships and money, getting out of debt, saving for emergencies and investing. FPU will be held in Lexington at:
▪ Saint Luke United Methodist Church, 2351 Alumni Drive. Classes begin at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 22. Register: 859-269-4687.
▪ Pax Christi Catholic Church, 4001 Victoria Way. Classes begin at 3 p.m. Jan. 15. Register: 859-273-9999.
▪ Lexington Baptist Temple, 1100 Armstrong Mill Road. Classes begin at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Register: 859-273-4635.
▪ Immanuel Baptist Church, 3100 Tates Creek Road. Classes begin at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 8. Register: 859-266-3174.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo