The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. May 23 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Panel of Job Club Success Stories. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Women Leading Kentucky’s 18th Annual Business and Leadership Conference will be from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. May 16 at the Marriott Griffin Gate on Newtown Pike. Speaker: Journalist and author Cokie Roberts, ABC News and NPR. Topic: Advancing Leadership: Step Up and Step Out. Cost: $55-$145. Information at Womenleadingky.com. Register at Womenleadingky.com/conference-online-registration/.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Workshops and classes
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning May 17. For course info, go to Ed2go.com/bluegrass for or call 859-246-6666.
▪ Employment Law Fundamentals, $95
▪ Project Management Professional Certification Preparation, $183
▪ Senior Professional in Human Resources, $1,795
▪ Understanding the Human Resources Function, $95
▪ Worker’s Compensation, $95
The Business & Community Training Center at The Center for Rural Development offers the following instructor-led training for beginner and advanced-level users of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Excel 2016. All classes are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Center, located at 2292 South U.S. 27 (at traffic light 15) in Somerset. Register at least five days prior to the start of each class. To register, call Robyn Phillips at 606-677-6000 or visit Centertech.com.
▪ Keep Going with Intuit QuickBooks, May 17
▪ Microsoft Office Excel 2016 (Part 1), May 18
▪ Microsoft Office Excel 2016 (Part 2), May 30
▪ Android System, 7 p.m. May 16.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. May 18.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. May 22
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. May 23
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. May 25
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. May 25 and June 1
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. June 1
▪ Dr. Fixit & iHelp, 10 a.m. June 3
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center are offering the following free workshops at 200 East Main Street, Room B109. For more info, go to Ksbdc.org. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ The “NEW” Kentucky SDVOSB Certification Program, 10 a.m. to noon, May 16.
▪ Small Business Certifications – The KEY to Growth, 2 to 4 p.m. May 18.
▪ Your Passport to Opportunity: Which Certification is Right for Me? 10 a.m. to noon June 15.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo