The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. June 13 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Build your brand and set yourself up for success with LinkedIn. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Inventors Council Lexington will hold a free open meeting featuring Monte Shaffer with patent search tool, MyPatentIdeas, at 7 p.m. June 6 at the Eastside Library, 2nd Floor, 3000 Blake James Drive. Doors open at 6:30. See the complete details at Conta.cc/2rYRVhl.
Workshops and classes
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following continuing education courses at the Newtown Campus, 500 Newtown Pike on Saturday. For more information, call 859-246-6666 or view the online catalog at Bluegrass.kctcs.edu/workforce.
▪ Electrical: 2017 NEC Code Changes & Best Practices for Workplace Safety, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., $50
▪ HVAC: Process Refrigeration & Best Practices for Workplace Safety, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., $100
▪ Plumbing: 2017 Plumbing Code Updates & Best Practices for Workplace Safety, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., $100
▪ Windows 10, 7 p.m. June 13
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. June 15
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. June 15 and 22
▪ Android System & Devices, 7 p.m. June 20
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. June 22
▪ Windows 10 Operating System begins at 1 p.m. June 26
▪ Getting the Most out of Your iPhone begins at 10 a.m. June 27
▪ Advanced Digital Imaging (Independent Work) begins at 10 a.m. June 28
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and the Kentucky Small Business Development Center are offering the following free workshops at 200 East Main Street, Room B109. For more info, go to Ksbdc.org. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events.
▪ Your Passport to Opportunity: Which Certification is Right for Me? 10 a.m. to noon June 15.
▪ How to Develop Capability Statements, 10 a.m. to noon July 12.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo