Midway Toastmasters meets every Monday from 6 to 7:15 p.m. at Midway University in the Anne Hart Raymond Center Building, Room 120. The group works on improving leadership and public speaking skills. For more info, go to 1990654.toastmastersclubs.org.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Aug. 22 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Ask the Career Counselor. The event will feature a panel of regional career counselors. Information: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Workshops and classes
▪ Tech Night (Genealogy), 7 p.m. Aug. 14
▪ Android System, 7 p.m. Aug. 15
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Aug. 17
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Aug. 17 and 24
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. Aug. 22
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. Aug. 24
▪ Database, 7 p.m. Aug. 28
▪ Dr. Fixit (Windows PC problem solving:, 10 a.m. Sept. 2
▪ iHelp, (Apple, iPad, iPhone, Mac problem solving), 10 a.m. Sept. 2
The Small Business Development Center offers the following classes:
▪ Let's Talk Small Biz - Tax & Accounting Issues for Small Businesses, 9 to 10 a.m. Aug. 25 at Liberty Road Cafe, 720 Henry Clay Boulevard, free. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/8560.
▪ Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) Pre-Qualification, 10 a.m. to noon, Aug. 31, 200 East Main Street, Room B109, free. Register at Kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/8519.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo