Women Leading Kentucky is set to kick off its winter Roundtable Networking Luncheon series with four dynamic speakers who will address the theme Change, Challenge, Opportunity. The first three luncheons will take place in Lexington beginning Jan. 14m with guest speaker Michael T. Benson, president of Eastern Kentucky University. On Feb. 10, the guest speaker will be Sandy Bell, executive associate director of athletics for student services and senior female administrator at the University of Kentucky. The series continues March 10 with Lindy Karns, tax director at Blue & Co. CPAs and Advisors. The three Lexington luncheons will be at Sal's Chophouse, 3373 Tates Creek Road, in the second-floor banquet room. The final luncheon takes place at Kentucky State University in Frankfort with newly elected state Treasurer Allison Ball as the guest speaker.
The events begin with a networking opportunity from 11:30 a.m. to noon, followed by lunch and the speaker. Admission to individual luncheons is $35. More information and registration are available at Womenleadingky.com.
Workshops and classes
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
The Central Kentucky Computer Society offers the following workshops and classes at 160 Moore Drive, Suite 107. Info: 859-373-1000 or at Ckcs.org.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Dec. 31 and Jan. 7.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. Dec. 28.
▪ Dr. Fixit, 10 a.m. Jan. 2.
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Jan. 5.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
▪ Windows 10, 1 p.m. Jan. 4, $60
▪ Computer Programming in BASIC, starts at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 5, $60
▪ Get Going with QuickBooks, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jan. 18 and 25.
▪ Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Level 1, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jan. 5.
▪ Microsoft Office Excel 2013: Level 2, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
▪ Microsoft Publisher 2013, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Jan. 20.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo