The Inventors Council of Central Kentucky will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 2 at the Bluegrass Area Development Center, 699 Perimeter Drive. Program: Kickstarter: Pass or Fail? Free. Info: Ckic.org or 859-201-1311.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Feb. 9 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Ace the Interview. Info: (859) 257-8905 or www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
The Bluegrass Business Analysts Chapter will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Feb. 17 at Tempur Sealy International, 1000 Tempur Way. Food and drinks provided. Register at Bluegrassiiba.com. Cost: $5 members and students, $10 others.
Women Leading Kentucky will continue its winter Roundtable Networking Luncheon series Feb. 10 with guest speaker Sandy Bell, executive associate director of athletics for student services and senior female administrator at the University of Kentucky. The series continues March 10 with Lindy Karns, tax director at Blue & Co. CPAs and Advisors. The luncheons will be at Sal's Chophouse, 3373 Tates Creek Road, Lexington, in the second-floor banquet room. The final luncheon will be March 31 at Kentucky State University in Frankfort with state Treasurer Alison Ball as the speaker. This year’s theme is Change, Challenge, Opportunity.
The events begin with a networking opportunity from 11:30 a.m. to noon, followed by lunch and the speaker. Admission to each luncheon is $35. More information and registration are available at Womenleadingky.com.
Workshops and classes
The Inventors Council’s Inventors Workshop will be at 7 p.m. Feb. 9 at Bluegrass Area Development Center, 699 Perimeter Drive. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for networking and registration. Hosted by Don West and Raj Shah. Membership: $40. Info: Kyinventors.org or 859-201-1311.
The Central Kentucky Computer Society offers the following workshops and classes at 160 Moore Drive, Suite 107. Info: 859-373-1000 or at Ckcs.org.
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 2.
▪ Tech Chat, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 4.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. Feb. 4 and 11.
▪ Dr. Fixit, 10 a.m. Feb. 6.
▪ Tech Night (New Apple Technology), 7 p.m. Feb. 8.
▪ Windows 7 - 8.1 & 10, 7 p.m. Feb. 9.
▪ Macintosh & iPad, 7 p.m. Feb. 11.
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. Feb. 18.
Grant Writing 101 will be offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 16 at The Center for Rural Development in Somerset. Melissa Vermillion, grant writer for Hazard Community & Technical College, will cover the fundamentals of the process. To register, contact Robyn Phillips, training and e-learning services coordinator, at 606-677-6000 or visit the calendar of events at Centertech.com for a course description and online registration link. Lunch will be provided.
The Center for Rural Development is at 2292 South U.S. 27 (at Traffic Light 15).
▪ Federal Contracts Up to $150,000 Are Rserved for Small Businesses — Are You Getting Your Fair Share? 10 a.m.-noon Feb. 3. Online. Free.
▪ How to Become a Small Business Government Contractor of Choice, 2-4 p.m. Feb. 10, Greater Louisville Inc., 614 West Main Street, Louisville. Free.
▪ How to Market Your Business to the Federal Government, 10 a.m.-noon Feb. 23. Online. Free.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo