▪ Robert L. McClelland of ElderLawLexington has been board-certified in the area of elder law by the National Elder Law Foundation, the only organization approved by the American Bar Association to offer certification in the area. He is one of only 500 attorneys in the United States to achieve this certification. McClelland has practiced law for 32 years, 15 of which has been focused on elder care issues.
▪ Jazzercise Hartland Fitness Center has achieved the Premier Center designation by meeting all of Jazzercise Inc.’s quality facility standards and customer convenience guidelines.
In order to achieve this status, the center was required to satisfy the following criteria:
• Offer customers the convenience of 40 or more classes a week
• Offer a minimum of 10 Jazzercise instructors at the location
• Follow the current Jazzercise-recommended pricing structure, which allows option pricing for customer convenience
• Meet quality facility standards that include guidelines for cleanliness, organization, signage, paint colors, lighting, neatness and more
• Accept all visiting customers from other Jazzercise facilities without charge
• Comply with all corporate accounting and marketing procedures
Benefits of becoming a Premier Center include additional marketing and customer support from Jazzercise and a special logo containing the Premier Center emblem, which may be used in promotional materials.
Jazzercise in Lexington is owned by Cindy McGeorge and is at 4750 Hartland Pkwy, Suite 190, behind the Kroger Wine & Spirits Store in Hartland Village Center. To find local classes go to Jazzercise.com or download the mobile app. For more information, visit Jazzercise.com or call 859-327-0293.
▪ Servpro, a clean-up and restoration franchise company, held onto the top ranking in the restoration services industry for the 13th consecutive year and moves up to the No. 4 spot overall in the 2016 Franchise 500 rankings from Entrepreneur magazine. This is the seventh consecutive year that Servpro has been included in the magazine’s Top 10 list. More than 951 franchises qualified for inclusion on the list.
▪ Kentucky American Water’s treatment facilities have earned recognition for continued membership in the national Partnership for Safe Water. The partnership is a voluntary effort among six national drinking-water organizations and participating water utilities across the country. Kentucky American Water’s Kentucky River Station I and Richmond Road Station water treatment facilities in Fayette County have participated successfully for about 17 years and have earned the program’s Directors Award status. The company’s newest facility, Kentucky River Station II at Hardin’s Landing in Owen County, has earned Phase II status, a key step along the way to Directors Award status.
The goal of the program is to provide a new measure of safety in the provision of drinking water services. More information may be found at Amwater.com.
▪ Auto Tech Service, 780 Winchester Road, across from the Jif plant, has earned the service industry’s Angie’s List Super Service Award, reflecting an exemplary year of service to members of the local services marketplace and consumer review site in 2015.
Auto Tech Service has been in business for more than 50 years, providing car diagnostic and repair services.
Angie’s List Super Service Award 2015 winners have met eligibility requirements, which include an “A” rating in overall grade, recent grade and review period grade. The company must be in good standing with Angie’s List, pass a background check and abide by Angie’s List’s operational guidelines. Only about 5 percent of companies meet these criteria.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo