Still looking for a Valentine’s Day present for your sweetheart or yourself? Kroger has secured a baker’s dozen bottles of ultra-rare Pappy Van Winkle and will draw names at 13 stores for who gets to buy one.
Pappy Valentine’s Day, Kroger is calling it.
Beginning Saturday, you can enter at each store, once a day. Names will be drawn at 5 p.m. Feb. 13. The winners will have a chance to buy a bottle; some stores have the 10-year-old version, Rip Van Winkle, which retails for about $52, while others have the 12-year-old version, Van Winkle Special Reserve, which retails for about $60.
The 13 participating Kroger’s Wine & Spirits Shoppes are:
▪ 3650 Boston Road, Lexington
▪ 4750 Hartland Parkway, Lexington
▪ 3165 Beaumont Circle, Lexington
▪ 106 Marketplace Circle, Georgetown
▪ 1669 Bypass Highway 1958, Winchester
▪ 12501 Shelbyville Road, Middletown
▪ 291 North Hubbards Lane, St. Matthews, Louisville
▪ 1265 Goss Avenue, Louisville
▪ 12613 Taylorsville Road, Louisville
▪ 5949 Timber Ridge Drive, Prospect
▪ 309 Boone Station Road, Shelbyville
▪ 207 Towne Drive, Elizabethtown
▪ 3049 Dolphin Drive, Elizabethtown