The Bluegrass Business Analysts Chapter will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. March 16 at ITT Technical Institute, 3020 Old Todds Road. Topic: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Business Analysts. Cost: $5 members and students, $10 others. Register at Bluegrassiiba.com.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program Landlord Recruitment Informational luncheon meeting will be at noon March 17 at LHA central office, 300 West New Circle Road. Lunch will be provided. RSVP to La’Tonya Hocker by March 14 to 859-281-5033.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. March 22 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: advantages of temporary employment. Info: (859) 257-8905 or www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
OSHA Recordkeeping and Reporting will be March 24 at the Hilton Lexington Downtown. This one-day training session will give attendees a comprehensive look at the entire recordkeeping and reporting systems based on OSHA guidelines for a good safety and health management system. Cost is $399 for Kentucky Chamber members, $499 for others. Register at Kychamber.com/node/2321.
Talking with Passionate Leaders: Three nonprofit executives share their dedication for service to the community at noon March 31 at Kentucky State University’s Research and Demonstration Farm, Mills Lane, Frankfort. Hear from Marian Guinn, executive director of God’s Pantry; Diane Fleet, assistant director, Greenhouse 17; and Susan Malcomb, president, Lexington Humane Society. Register at Womenleadingky.com/wlk-online-registration.
Workshops and classes
▪ Tech Night (Advanced Technology in New Cars by Don Jacobs Auto), 7 p.m. March 14.
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. March 22.
▪ Unix / Linux, 7 p.m. March 24.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. March 28.
▪ Dr. Fixit, 7 p.m. April 2.
The Central Kentucky Computer Society offers special in-depth workshops and seminars in various computer and technology topics at 160 Moore Drive, Suite 107, Lexington. To enroll or for more information, call (859) 373-1000 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays or go to Ckcs.org.
▪ Learn iPhone Secrets, 9 a.m.-noon March 14, $30
▪ Photography: Learn to See Creatively, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. March 15, $30
▪ Making Note Cards Using MS Word, noon-3 p.m. March 17, $30
▪ Photography: Restoring Old Slides and Pictures with Proper Scanning and Printing Techniques, 9:30 a.m.-noon March 19, $30
▪ Photography for Beginners, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. March 21, $30
▪ Overview of Windows 10, 1-4 p.m. March 22, $30
▪ Macintosh OS X El Capitan, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. March 23, $30
▪ File Management, noon-3 p.m. March 24, $30
▪ Photography: Lightroom Software, 2-5 p.m. March 24, $30
▪ How to Write a Request for Proposal, 10 a.m.-noon March 16. Free. Online webinar.
▪ Developing a Powerful Capability Statement, 2-4 p.m. March 31. Free. Lexington Public Library, 140 East Main Street, Room A.
Edward Jones financial adviser Charity S. Reed of Nicholasville is hosting the following presentations at the Lexington Public Library, Tates Creek Branch, 3628 Walden Drive. The presentations are free, but space is limited. Reservations required: 859-223-4471:
▪ Social Security: Your Questions Answered, 6-7 p.m. March 22.
▪ Retirement by Design, 6-7 p.m. March 31.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo