The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. March 22 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: advantages of temporary employment. Info: (859) 257-8905 or www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
OSHA Recordkeeping and Reporting will be March 24 at the Hilton Lexington Downtown. This one-day training session will give attendees a comprehensive look at the entire recordkeeping and reporting systems based on OSHA guidelines for a good safety and health management system. Cost is $399 for Kentucky Chamber members, $499 for others. Register at Kychamber.com/node/2321.
Talking with Passionate Leaders: Three nonprofit executives share their dedication for service to the community at noon March 31 at Kentucky State University’s Research and Demonstration Farm, Mills Lane, Frankfort. Hear from Marian Guinn, executive director of God’s Pantry; Diane Fleet, assistant director, Greenhouse 17; and Susan Malcomb, president, Lexington Humane Society. Register at Womenleadingky.com/wlk-online-registration.
Workshops and classes
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. March 22.
▪ Unix / Linux, 7 p.m. March 24.
▪ Database, 7 p.m. March 28.
▪ Dr. Fixit, 7 p.m. April 2.
The Central Kentucky Computer Society offers special in-depth workshops and seminars in various computer and technology topics at 160 Moore Drive, Suite 107, Lexington. To enroll or for more information, call (859) 373-1000 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays or go to Ckcs.org.
▪ Photography for Beginners, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. March 21, $30
▪ Overview of Windows 10, 1-4 p.m. March 22, $30
▪ Macintosh OS X El Capitan, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. March 23, $30
▪ File Management, noon-3 p.m. March 24, $30
▪ Photography: Lightroom Software, 2-5 p.m. March 24, $30
▪ Developing a Powerful Capability Statement, 2-4 p.m. March 31. Free. Lexington Public Library, 140 East Main Street, Room A.
Edward Jones financial adviser Charity S. Reed of Nicholasville is hosting the following presentations at the Lexington Public Library, Tates Creek Branch, 3628 Walden Drive. The presentations are free, but space is limited. Reservations required: 859-223-4471:
▪ Social Security: Your Questions Answered, 6-7 p.m. March 22.
▪ Retirement by Design, 6-7 p.m. March 31.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo