The Inventors Council Central Kentucky will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 5 at the Bluegrass Area Development Center, 699 Perimeter Drive. Speaker: Brian Gora with SCORE Lexington. Free. Info: KYInventors.org or 859-201-1311.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. April 12 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Green and growing strategies for staying positive. Info: (859) 257-8905 or www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Talking with Passionate Leaders: Three nonprofit executives share their dedication for service to the community at noon March 31 at Kentucky State University’s Research and Demonstration Farm, Mills Lane, Frankfort. Hear from Marian Guinn, executive director of God’s Pantry; Diane Fleet, assistant director, Greenhouse 17; and Susan Malcomb, president, Lexington Humane Society. Register at Womenleadingky.com/wlk-online-registration.
Workshops and classes
▪ Database, 7 p.m. March 28.
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. March 31 and April 7.
▪ Dr. Fixit, 7 p.m. April 2.
▪ Windows 10 Conversion (Live Demo), 1 p.m. March 31, $30.
▪ How to Search for Information on the Internet, 1 p.m. April 14, $30.
▪ Word Processing, 1:30 p.m. April 5.
▪ Tech Chat & Problem Solving, 1:30 p.m. April 7.
▪ Tech Night (Lexington Traffic Management Center), 7 p.m. April 11.
▪ Developing a Powerful Capability Statement, 2-4 p.m. March 31. Free. Lexington Public Library, 140 East Main Street, Room A.
▪ 2016 Reverse Tradeshow, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. May 4, Frankfort Convention Center, 405 Mero Street, Frankfort. Register by April 18. $100.
Edward Jones financial adviser Charity S. Reed of Nicholasville is hosting Retirement by Design from 6 to 7 p.m. March 31 at the Lexington Public Library, Tates Creek Branch, 3628 Walden Drive. The presentations are free, but space is limited. Reservations required: 859-223-4471:
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning April 13: Introduction to LinkedIn Career Networking; Understanding the Cloud; Computer Skills for the Workplace; Introduction to Windows 10, Mac, iPhone and iPad Programming; Introduction to Quickbooks and What’s New in Microsoft Office 2013. Classes are $95 each. Go to Ed2go.com/bluegrass or call 859-246-6666 for more information.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo