Lexington ARMA Chapter will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 16 at Joseph Beth Bookseller’s Bronte Bistro located in Lexington Green. Lunch is $17 for members and $20 for non-members. First time attendees receive a free lunch ticket to be used at a future meeting. Topic: Green Check: A Green Business Program For A More Sustainable Lexington. Presenter: Rob Gates, outreach specialist at Bluegrass Greensource. For more info, contact Dorothy DeLong at 859-858-8815.
▪ The Inventors Council will hold its Workshop for Inventors & Entrepreneurs at 7 p.m. June 14 at the new Eastside Library Branch, 3000 Blake James Drive. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for networking and registration. Hosted by Don West and Raj Shah. Membership: $40. Information: Kyinventors.org or 859-201-1311.
▪ The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Job Club will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. June 14 at Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service, 1140 Red Mile Place. Topic: Booking Yourself to Success. Info: 859-257-8905 or Ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
Workshops and classes
Bluegrass Community & Technical College’s Workforce Solutions office will offer the following online professional development courses beginning June 15: Spanish for medical professionals, start your own online business, 12 steps to a successful job search, creating a successful business plan, and effective selling. Each class is $95. Go to ed2go.com/bluegrass for course descriptions or call 859-246-6666 for more information.
▪ Windows 7-8.1 & 10, 7 p.m. June 14
▪ Microsoft Access, 7 p.m. June 16
▪ Photo Coffee, 9 a.m. June 16 and 23
▪ Unix/Linux, 7 p.m. June 23
▪ Digital Photography, 7 p.m. June 28
▪ Dr Fixit & iHELP, 10 a.m. July 2
▪ Advanced & Independent Digital Imaging: Paint Shop Pro, 10 a.m. June 22, $60
▪ Advanced & Independent Digital Imaging: Paint Shop Pro, 1 p.m. June 22, $60
▪ How to Become a Small Business Government Contractor of Choice, 2-4 p.m. June 21 at 110 West Chestnut Street, Louisville. Register by 9 a.m. June 20.
▪ Your Passport to Opportunity, 10 a.m.-noon, June 21 at LFUCG, 200 East Main Street, Room B109. Register by 9 p.m. June 20.
▪ GSA Schedule…is it Right for My Business? 2-4 p.m. June 22. This is a webinar. Register by 3 p.m. June 21.
▪ How to Market Your Business to the Federal Government, 10 a.m.-noon, July 19. This is a webinar. Register by 3 a.m. July 18.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo