▪ Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, has recognized its top volunteers for 2015. Collectively, the group of 11 Central Kentucky do-gooders clocked in more than 5,600 service hours last year while raising funds and awareness for causes, volunteering at local schools and pitching in to help the organizations that help those in need.
TMMK’s top volunteers for service completed in 2015 included: Kathy Combs, TMMK Volunteer of the Year, Sadieville; David Burke, Burlington; Bethany Giordano, Georgetown; Todd Kissick, Lexington; Mike Miller, Georgetown; Forrest Day, Lexington; Jerry Karr, Georgetown; James J.P. Switzer, Cynthiana; Billy Wells, Springfield; Carla Wright, Georgetown; and John Ferguson, Winchester.
Each person was honored with a donation to their non-profit of choice, including a top award of $3,000, which was designated by the Volunteer of the Year to the Scott County High School Archery Team.
▪ Kevin M. Kitchin, partner at VFG Wealth Management & Benefits Solutions in Lexington has been authorized by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards to use the Certified Financial Planner and CFP certification marks in accordance with CFP Board certification and renewal requirements. Kitchin focuses on personal financial planning including investment, retirement and insurance planning as well as assisting small businesses with employee benefits.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Brown-Forman has claimed the top spot as the greenest beverage alcohol company among U.S. publicly traded companies in the Newsweek Green Rankings.
Brown-Forman increased its ranking 17 spots, to 52 from 69 and was named among the top three of all beverage companies in the U.S., following Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. and Keurig.
In 2014 the company set new environmental sustainability goals focused on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, sending zero waste to landfill, and increasing the efficiency of water use and wastewater discharges. For more information about the company, go to Brown-forman.com.
▪ The University of Kentucky College of Law recently inducted Stites & Harbison attorney Steve Beshear to its Hall of Fame for 2016. Inclusion in the Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed by the College of Law. Attorney Steve Ruschell has earned the UK College of Law Community Service Award.
Beshear is a member (partner) of Stites & Harbison based in Lexington. He joined the firm in 1987, served eight years as governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and rejoined the firm in 2016.
Ruschell is also a member (partner) of Stites & Harbison in Lexington. He is the chair of the Lexington office’s Real Estate Service Group.
▪ Three members of the executive leadership team at corporate travel management company Creative Lodging Solutions have been announced the recipients of gold awards at the 2016 Women in Business World Awards in San Francisco. CFO Marsha Couch has been honored as the Excellence in Business Woman of the Year, COO/CIO Shelley Predmore recognized as the Female Executive of the Year, and CSO Cindy Rudovich named Maverick of the Year.
CLS’s founder, Michael Tetterton, has been named Founder/Entrepreneur of the Year Gold Winner and the CEO of the Year Gold Winner at the 2016 CEO World Awards in San Francisco. Executive administrative assistant Michelle Hunt was also named a Gold Winner in the Admin Assistant to the CEO category.
The company has also been named a Company of the Year Silver Stevie Winner. Members of CLS’ leadership team also made the winners’ list for their contributions to the organization’s success: company founder and CEO Michael Tetterton has been recognized as an Executive of the Year Silver Winner and executive administrative assistant Sarah Spurlock has been named a Support Staffer of the Year Silver Winner. Creative Lodging Solutions’ executive team took home three Bronze Stevies in the following categories: Woman of the Year – Shelley Predmore, COO/CIO; Maverick of the Year – Cindy Rudovich, CSO; and Human Resources Executive of the Year – Jackie Ellis, VP of Human Resources.
Creative Lodging Solutions is a Lexington-based company that provides customized lodging programs for the business travel community. They’ve been named to the Inc. 5000 List of the most entrepreneurial and fastest-growing private companies in America the last six years.
▪ Hamilton-Ryker has honored Marguerite Thomas with a 2015 Lombardi Service Award at its annual meeting in Memphis. Thomas, senior staffing coordinator for Hamilton-Ryker’s Versailles office, has worked for the company since 2004. The Lombardi Service Award is for excellent service to their customers, associates and employees.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo