▪ Gail “Cookie” Freidhoff-Bohman, a physical therapist at Bauman Physical Therapy & Wellness, has received a Hall of Fame/Life Time Achievement Award from the Sports Physical Therapy Section of the American Physical Therapy Association.
▪ Kentucky Nonprofit Network is accepting nominations for its annual innovation and leadership awards. The deadline for submission is Sept. 12. The awards will be presented at a luncheon held during the Kentucky Nonprofit Leadership Forum, Nov. 2 and 3, at the Lexington Convention Center.
The Innovative Nonprofit Award recognizes a nonprofit organization in Kentucky that implements innovative, nontraditional programs or methods to effectively and efficiently meet community needs. The 2015 recipient was FoodChain in Lexington.
The Distinguished Nonprofit Leadership Award recognizes outstanding leadership among Kentucky nonprofit chief executives. The award recognizes achievement in the areas of strategic leadership, community building, ethical integrity, innovation and commitment to strengthening the nonprofit sector. The 2015 recipient was Wendell Strode, executive director of the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.
The Outstanding Board Leadership Award honors the work of a board leader who thinks strategically, works cooperatively with other board members and the executive director to further the mission of the organization, and is actively committed to best practices and succession planning. The 2015 recipient was Dr. Whitney Jones, board member of the Colon Cancer Prevention Project in Louisville.
For application forms and nomination guidelines, as well as information about the Kentucky Nonprofit Leadership Forum, go to Kynonprofits.org/learn/forum2016.
▪ Saint Joseph East, part of KentuckyOne Health, has been selected as a Blue Distinction Center+ for knee and hip replacement and spine surgery, part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kentucky.
Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated healthcare facilities shown to deliver improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures that were developed by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies with input from the medical community.
Hospitals designated as Blue Distinction Centers+ for knee and hip replacement demonstrate expertise in total knee and total hip replacement surgeries, resulting in fewer patient complications and hospital readmissions.
“As the volume of hip and knee replacement surgeries grows, our team is committed to maintaining the highest quality of care for all patients,” said Eric Gilliam, president, Saint Joseph East. “We are proud to be recognized as a Blue Distinction Center+ for knee and hip replacement.”
For more information about the program and for a complete listing of the designated facilities, go to Bcbs.com/bluedistinction.
▪ The seventh annual Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame induction ceremony will honor this year’s inductees Nov. 16 at the Hilton Lexington Downtown. The Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame celebrates the stories of Kentucky’s most successful entrepreneurs, with a mission to raise awareness around the impact entrepreneurship has made in the Commonwealth, and to encourage others to pursue similar ambitious endeavors.
2016 Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame inductees: Colonel Sanders, Kentucky Fried Chicken; Kent Oyler, High Speed Access Corp, OPM Services; Robert B. Trussell, Jr., Tempur Sealy International, Inc. and Carey Smith, Big Ass Solutions
For more information about the Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame, go to Entrepreneurhof.com.
▪ Saint Joseph Hospital, part of KentuckyOne Health, has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor RollSM Elite Plus. The award recognizes the hospital’s efforts to ensure that stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Compiled by Dorothea Wingo