The Kentucky State Fair encourages competitors to submit entries and compete for cash prizes and the more than 5,000 blue ribbons to be awarded in August.
Competitors can choose from 32 categories, including culinary, antiques, livestock, homebrew beer, photography and textiles, which are further divided into 7,000 classes of competition.
Deadlines for entries:
▪ General — Saturday
▪ General (with late fee) — July 10
▪ Open and 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock — July 10
▪ Pigeon and Poultry — July 18
▪ Rabbit — July 18
▪ Open Livestock (with late fee) — July 25
▪ Extra Late Open Livestock (with late fee) — Aug. 3
For details, refer to the Kentucky State Fair Premium book online at Kystatefair.org/premiumBook.html.
The fair is Aug. 17-27 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville. For more fair information, go to Kystatefair.org or find the fair on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.