Fayette County

Man injured in overnight fire in Lexington

A man was injured in a fire at a house on Keeneland Court early Saturday.

The man, who was not publicly identified, was unconscious after being pulled from the home at 1228 Keeneland Court but regained consciousness while being transported to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital, said Lexington Fire Department Battalion Chief Jason Wells.

A neighbor called to report the fire just before 1 a.m.

“When they arrived they had flames through the roof,” Wells said. “The fire was pretty well advanced.”

The first crew in found the man inside the door. He was the only person at home at the time.

Wells said the fire was caused by an electrical problem in the atttic.

  Comments