A fire damaged a Lexington family’s home of 30 years Tuesday afternoon.
Jerry Jackson said he and his family were in the home on the corner of Grant Drive and Hollow Creek Road at 1 p.m. when the fire started. Everyone got out safely.
Jackson thinks the wind knocked a burning candle onto a couch, but the Lexington Fire Department is still waiting on confirmation of the fire’s cause.
Jackson said he’s lived in the home for 30 years, along with his wife, daughter and grandson.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
Maj. Chad Traylor said firefighters responded quickly to the call.
“Most of the fire was contained in the front room, however it did get to the attic,” Traylor said. “It’s got smoke and heat damage to the house.”
Traylor said the fire department would be at the home for a few more hours before turning the property back over to Jackson and his family.
McKenna Horsley: 859-231-3197, @HLpublicsafety